World of Commodore – 10th TPUG Edition
Saturday December 7, 2013 – Doors open at 10:00am
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
About the World of Commodore
The Toronto PET Users Group (TPUG) is pleased to announce the World of Commodore! TPUG would like everyone to join us for a weekend of all things Commodore!
- Information about and displays of a variety of Commodore computers
- Demonstrations of new hardware and software projects using Commodore equipment
- Screenings of Commodore related videos
- Vendors selling the latest hardware and software available for Commodore computers as well as classic hardware, accessories, applications, games and much more
- The always popular freebie table! Please feel free to drop off any items you no longer want and help yourself to some goodies. You never know what you’ll find!
The events get underway on Friday evening while our vendors set up and we welcome our guests from out of town. Everyone is welcome to attend. After the formal show ends on Saturday the festivities continue with an informal evening of socializing, hacking, gaming and other things so please feel free to make a weekend of it.
2161 North Sheridan Way
The Admiral Inn is located north of the QEW and west of Erin Mills Parkway.
From the east, exit the QEW at Erin Mills Parkway (exit #126) and continue straight across Erin Mills Parkway onto North Sheridan Way. The Admiral Inn is the third hotel on your right.
From the west, exit the QEW at Erin Mills Parkway (exit #126) and turn left to travel north on Southdown Road. Once you have crossed over the QEW, turn left at the first set of lights onto North Sheridan Way. The Admiral Inn is the third hotel on your right.
The World of Commodore is also accessible by public transit.
If you will be using GO Transit‘s Lakeshore West train service, exit at the Clarkson Station. From there take Mississauga Transit’s Route 13 North to North Sheridan Way and walk west. The Admiral Inn is the third hotel on your right.
If you will be using Mississauga Transit, the hotel is accessible from Route 13. Major terminals on Route 13 are located at the Meadowvale Town Centre, South Common Mall, and Clarkson Station.
Should you require further assistance in finding the hotel, please contact them at 905-403-9777.
|Children 13 and under||Free!|
Free parking is available at the hotel for World of Commodore attendees.
World of Commodore is an ideal time to renew your membership for 2014 or join TPUG for the first time! Membership entitles you to attend our monthly meetings. You also get at least 2 newsletters per year. See the Why Join TPUG? page on the TPUG website for complete details. Membership costs $15/year for hardcopy newsletters or only $10/year for newsletters emailed right to your inbox!
All prices are quoted in Canadian dollars.
Vendor table space is available for $10 per each table (96″x30″).
- JP PBM Products by Mail
Super Snapshot cartridges, New Epyx Joysticks, Commodore 64 and Amiga Software and so much more.
- Toronto PET Users Group
Hardware, Software and Accessories for the complete line of Commodore and Amiga computers, Library Disks, TPUG Memberships.
- RETRO Innovations – Classic Systems, Contemporary Gear
Jim Brain will be selling a full line of gear from his RETRO Innovations store including JiffyDOS, uIEC, ZoomFloppy, and much more.
If you would like to have a vendor table and your name listed here, please contact us.
- 11:00 AM Matt Brudzynski (Comma8 Studios) – M.U.L.E. Returns Release for iOS
- 1:00 PM Jim Brain (RETRO Innovations) – New products and news from RETRO Innovations
- 2:00 PM – John Hammarberg (Censor Design) – Pixcen C64 Pixel Editor for Windows
- 3:00 PM – Leif Bloomquist – Motion-sensing Gaming Glove for the Commodore 64
- 3:45 PM – Robin Harbron and the Bedford Level Experiment – “History”(Video Presentation)
- 4:00 PM – Chiron Bramberger – Musical Experiments on the Commodore PET
- 5:00 PM – Dan Laskowski – MIDI for FastFingers on the Commodore 64
Check out demos from past WoC shows at TPUG’s YouTube channel here: http://www.youtube.com/TorontoPETUsersGroup
Plus several informal demonstrations that will be ongoing throughout the day.
The most convenient accommodation is right in the hotel that the show is being held – Admiral Inn.
Admiral Inn contacts:
- Room rate includes hot breakfast and high speed Internet
- Free local phone calls
- In-room fridge, microwave and coffee machine
- Free cable TV
- Free bathroom amenities and toiletries
- Free parking
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- 24-hour convenience store
- Interact and direct-payment
- Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club/enRoute and American Express accepted