World of Commodore
Saturday December 1, 2012 – Doors open at 10:00am
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
About the World of Commodore
The Toronto PET Users Group (TPUG) is pleased to announce the World of Commodore! TPUG would like everyone to join us for a weekend of all things Commodore!
- Information about and displays of a variety of Commodore computers
- Demonstrations of new hardware and software projects using Commodore equipment
- Screenings of Commodore related videos
- Vendors selling the latest hardware and software available for Commodore computers as well as classic hardware, accessories, applications, games and much more
- The always popular freebie table! Please feel free to drop off any items you no longer want and help yourself to some goodies. You never know what you’ll find!
The events get underway on Friday evening while our vendors set up and we welcome our guests from out of town. Everyone is welcome to attend. After the formal show ends on Saturday the festivities continue with an informal evening of socializing, hacking, gaming and other things so please feel free to make a weekend of it.
2161 North Sheridan Way
The Admiral Inn is located north of the QEW and west of Erin Mills Parkway.
From the east, exit the QEW at Erin Mills Parkway (exit #126) and continue straight across Erin Mills Parkway onto North Sheridan Way. The Admiral Inn is the third hotel on your right.
From the west, exit the QEW at Erin Mills Parkway (exit #126) and turn left to travel north on Southdown Road. Once you have crossed over the QEW, turn left at the first set of lights onto North Sheridan Way. The Admiral Inn is the third hotel on your right.
The World of Commodore is also accessible by public transit.
If you will be using GO Transit‘s Lakeshore West train service, exit at the Clarkson Station. From there take Mississauga Transit’s Route 13 North to North Sheridan Way and walk west. The Admiral Inn is the third hotel on your right.
If you will be using Mississauga Transit, the hotel is accessible from Route 13. Major terminals on Route 13 are located at the Meadowvale Town Centre, South Common Mall, and Clarkson Station.
Should you require further assistance in finding the hotel, please contact them at 905-403-9777.
|Children 13 and under||Free!|
Free parking is available at the hotel for World of Commodore attendees.
World of Commodore is an ideal time to renew your membership for 2013 or join TPUG for the first time! Membership entitles you to attend our monthly meetings. You also get at least 2 newsletters per year. See the Why Join TPUG? page on the TPUG website for complete details. Membership costs $15/year for hardcopy newsletters or only $10/year for newsletters emailed right to your inbox!
All prices are quoted in Canadian dollars.
Vendor table space is available for $10 per each table (96″x30″).
- RETRO Innovations – Classic Systems, Contemporary Gear
Jim Brain will be selling a full line of gear from his RETRO Innovations store including JiffyDOS, uIEC, ZoomFloppy, and much more.
- JP PBM Products by Mail
Super Snapshot cartridges, New Epyx Joysticks, Commodore 64 and Amiga Software and so much more.
- Toronto PET Users Group
Hardware, Software and Accessories for the complete line of Commodore and Amiga computers, Library Disks, TPUG Memberships.
If you would like to be a presenter at World of Commodore 2012, please contact us. We are open to anything that may be of interest to the Commodore community or the wider retro-computing hobby. No project is too silly or too small!
Check out demos from past WoC shows at TPUG’s YouTube channel here: http://www.youtube.com/TorontoPETUsersGroup
Schedule of demonstrations (subject to change!):
- 11:00 AM Comma8 Studios – M.U.L.E. Returns
- Preview and background information on their remake, M.U.L.E. Returns.
- 12:00 PM Lunch Break
- 1:00 PM Leif Bloomquist – Modded VIC-20
- Modified Commodore VIC-20: Built-in uIEC with Compact Flash, JiffyDOS, 64C Keyboard, Blue LED, and Reset Button. But still runs at 1 MHz and has 3.5K RAM!
- 1:30 PM Retro Innovations – New Product Announcements
- Jim Brain will announce some new products. “Tiny products, unseen, but deliver big value!”
- 2:00 PM Madi Piller and Mark Pellegrino – Hello Amiga
- A video presentation and some background on Hello Amiga, a current and unique project by the Toronto Animated Image Society.
- 3:00 PM Jeff Daniels – Release of a new game for the VIC-20
- A short presentation about making games in BASIC.
- 3:30 PM Dan Laskowski – MIDI for the FastFingers synthesizer
- New features including MIDI for the FastFingers synthesizer.
- 4:00 PM Dan Kovacs
- Converting common video files to HAM (Amiga) format.
- How to code a scroller.
- 5:00 PM Chiron Bramberger – PETSynth 2.0
- Demonstration of new features of PETSynth.
Plus several informal demonstrations that will be ongoing throughout the day.
The most convenient accommodation is right in the hotel that the show is being held – Admiral Inn.
Admiral Inn contacts:
- Room rate includes hot breakfast and high speed Internet
- Free local phone calls
- In-room fridge, microwave and coffee machine
- Free cable TV
- Free bathroom amenities and toiletries
- Free parking
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- 24-hour convenience store
- Interact and direct-payment
- Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club/enRoute and American Express accepted
To keep up to date on the latest information regarding the 2012 edition of the World of Commodore visit the official World of Commodore forum.