What is the best adapter for flash media for a c64?

Technical questions about any Commodore computer, peripheral, or related issue.
sysop72

What is the best adapter for flash media for a c64?

Post by sysop72 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:43 pm

Hello,

It is great to see that other people still use Commodores! I ran a BBS in Winnipeg as a young teen in the 80s and have decided to get back in to the Commodore scene. I recently purchased a c64 and peripherals which came with a good amount of software. I am hoping someone can tell me what the best adapter is for sd/compact flash storage. It would also be nice if I could image the floppy drives to the storage device. If someone could help get me up to speed on this and any other cool new must have hardware for the Commodores it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

James

Seagull

Re: What is the best adapter for flash media for a c64?

Post by Seagull » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:30 pm

Always great to hear of someone else getting into, or back into the Commodore scene! I also dabbled with a BBS for a short time back in the 80's, and lived and breathed the 64 for most of that time. Just got back into things a year or so ago, and have been absorbing as much as humanly possible, ever since!

Two items I'd consider (which are exactly what you're looking for), would be the Zoom Floppy (perfect for archiving your disks), and the uIEC/SD, which gives you the SD card hardware.

Both are products from Jim Brain at RETRO Innovations, and the online store has a ton of goodies for the good ole C64 (great prices too, as far as I'm concerned). Check out the store at http://store.go4retro.com/.

As for other neat stuff, well, all I can say is that the Commodore scene is full of great, new hardware and software, and I don't honestly see it stopping anytime soon. One of the coolest things is the ability to get online, and access cloud storage with some of the Commodore Internet modems that are available!

Check out some of the other Commodore forums such as: Lemon64 and Denial. The latter being a site dedicated to the Vic-20. Almost forgot to mention Commodore.ca.